There are many opportunities for parent involvement at Lampton.
- Classroom/Campus Volunteers - Please check with your child's teacher to find out what they may need help with and when. Teachers prefer to have materials and space prepared for volunteers to use when helping in the classroom. For the safety of students, all volunteers should have TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and any volunteers who plan to spend more than 10 hours volunteering in a classroom or on campus must have fingerprint clearance ($40 fee - District Security Department).
- Field Trip Chaperones - Teachers will solicit volunteer chaperones when they have a field trip. Chaperones must complete a volunteer application, and submit a copy of their driver's license or ID for clearance several days prior to the trip. The number of chaperones needed may be limited or vary depending on the location requirements, ticket availability, and bus space.
- PTA - Our PTA always needs assistance with events and fundraisers. Parents may leave their contact information with the PTA president.
- Advisory Committees - Lampton has an elected School Site Council and English Learner Advisory Committee. If interested, please submit a nomination form at the start of the school year.
- Special Events - Lampton has many events during the school year when parents are invited to participate or attend. Examples include: Halloween Parade, Read Across America, Community Play Day, Jog-a-thon, Awards Assemblies, etc.